• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Winch ID

natendee

Hello all. I'm new to this forum and military trucks in general. I'm beginning my first project on a 1953 M37 with the initial goal of getting it in decent working order (electrical and brakes) and then expanding from there. I have many questions but one on the list that I haven't been able to answer is what kind of winch is on the truck. It appears similar to a Braden MU2 but the tag on it has me confused. It appears to read "Winch, Model 1F, Capacity 8000 LB, Made in Japan for Sandy's Bronx NY. See pics below. I realize the photos aren't the best but at the time I took them I wasn't too focused on the winch and don't have immediate access to take more pics at the moment. Can anyone tell me what this is? Thanks for the help!

2017-12-31 14.50.20 - Copy.jpg
2017-12-31 14.37.00 - Copy.jpg
2017-12-31 14.36.55 - Copy.jpg
2017-12-31 14.32.35 - Copy.jpg

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
100_1871.jpg This is what should be on your M37 , along with the winch bumper's . If the PTO is correct , you need a winch and probably a winch drive shaft . They come up for sale fairly often , bumper ends are rare . If you need any pictures I can do that . The M37 is a great vehicle to restore , lots of parts available . good luck and don't forget to down load the TM's from this site . bob k

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may have one in the storage trailer , I will take a look when the snow and cold lets up next week .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks