• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38-Hi Helen

comdiver

Does anybody know anything about an M38 with 11.00-20 tires and wheels that was tested? It was nick named Hi Helen. Any photos?

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I notice those are 6 lug rim centers. Is that standard fare for the M38 or was there some kinda trickery going on?

Rick

frank1669

I notice those are 6 lug rim centers. Is that standard fare for the M38 or was there some kinda trickery going on?

Rick
I never heard of this jeep until I read the original post I would venture a guess that they are m211 axles The stock Willy's axles would not hold up to a 44" tall tire and the stock brakes would have a hard time stopping it. Also unless they widened the axles significantly it would not be able to steer. All i found was the photo, but no history on the jeep. hopefully the original poster can enlighten us on this Jeep.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
IN "U.S. Military Wheeled Vevicles" by Fred Crismon, page 225, there is 2 pics and a small write up of HI-HELEN