• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38a1 + M100 length?

Scrounge41

I was just given a tandem axle trailer and was curious if any body who has an m38a1 and a m100 trailer hooked together could do a quick measurement for me. I would like to know what the length is from the forward edge of the front tire on the jeep to the back edge of the tire on the trailer. I'd like to be able to haul them hooked together on the tandem trailer. My jeep and trailer are in separate locations at this time. Thanks.

Stonepicker1

The total length for the M38A1 is 139"
The M100 (MBT T3) length is 108.5"

Total from front to back with both hooked together is 247.5" = 20.65 feet

Not really what you’re looking for, but my best guest would be around 17 feet(wheel to wheel)2cents

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Depends on how long your trailer is! I have a 14ft deck trailer and if i turn my m100 with the tongue over the trailer tongue and my jeep behind it it will just fit. Jeep tires are at the end of the trailer!

Scrounge41

Thanks for the input guys. I was trying to figure out if I would be able to drive the jeep up on it with the trailer attached and then just secure it. I guess I'll just wait till I get the two together and measure them.

joshs1ofakindxj

I have a 16 ft car hauler trailer and I can move my M38A1 and M416 (close to M100) if I first put the trailer on with the trailer tongues over each other and the M416 back edge held down to the car hauler deck. Then pull on the M38A1, fold up the ramps and it barely fits. The first time I tried this I pulled the M38A1 on then back on the M416 and stood it up on it's rear.

Found pictures and tried to attach but they're too large.

Here are links of the right way:

EDIT...looks like that one attached OK

And the wrong way to load I found:

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...758702585343_755350342_20312612_3543319_n.jpg

Attachments

Scrounge41

Thanks for that info and the pics. What I was hoping was that if I welded on a bar on the front of the tandem axel trailer as a front tire stop for the jeep I could just pull the jeep up to the front of the trailer and leave the m100 hitched to the jeep. The trailer deck is 15.5' plus another 28" angled downward toward the ramps.

Attachments

joshs1ofakindxj

You're going to have way too much tongue weight using the set up you describe on the pictured trailer. That is way I back the jeep on with the trailer on second or put the trailer on first.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks