• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38A1 MRC 83 100 amp system

battlecr

Looking for a wiring diagram for the 100 amp system. I have a 1964 Marine Corps radio Jeep that was partially disassembled and parts missing. I have most the parts for the 100 amp system but need to hook it up to make the unit charge. Any insight would be appreciated. Most the Collins wiring is there.
Don G

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your 100 Amp system is the early version without the aircraft type Cannon connectors right? Unless you are going for restoration perfection, I would lean towards upgrading to the later version with the Cannon connectors so you get get away from the selenium rectifier which is unreliable.

battlecr

Your 100 Amp system is the early version without the aircraft type Cannon connectors right? Unless you are going for restoration perfection, I would lean towards upgrading to the later version with the Cannon connectors so you get get away from the selenium rectifier which is unreliable.
My Jeep is a 1964, as I understand it mine original had the 150amp unit with the generator, rectifier and regulator in one. What I’m going back with is the 100 amp generator, the later rectifier an solid state regulator. I’m using a wiring harness from a 1952 radio Jeep. My problem is I need a diagram with labels so I can excite the generator so it will charge.
Don G.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The regulator plug will have one 12 GA wire, that is excite wire, you will probably need to splice that in with the wire that goes to the ignitor.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The connector you are holding in your hand should have some heavy gauge wires coming out of it and one 12 ga wire, that is the excite wire.

battlecr

Still trying to get the generator to charge, other than that she’s mostly done. Have most of the canvas too.

Attachments

JEB

Nice looking Jeep. Is it an original USMC unit?
It looks like you have had a milder winter than we have up in Washington.

PS. My hat's off to anyone who can restore a Half Track. That is hard core MV work.

battlecr

Nice looking Jeep. Is it an original USMC unit?
It looks like you have had a milder winter than we have up in Washington.

PS. My hat's off to anyone who can restore a Half Track. That is hard core MV work.
This was earlier this year, about 20’ right now. Yes this is an original USMC Jeep, was in an artillery unit in Pasadena CA. Sb- Battery B. Have the T I sheets.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks