• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38A1 USAF data plate

Sarge72

We have a 1952 M38A1 that is was an Air Force Jeep. We are looking for a new USAF responsible agency data plate. If you can point me in the right direction, I would much appreciate it. Unfortunately, ours was damaged beyond repair and it would be nice to not just have the generic one on there. Thank you in advance.

Sarge

mutt1966

We have a 1952 M38A1 that is was an Air Force Jeep. We are looking for a new USAF responsible agency data plate. If you can point me in the right direction, I would much appreciate it. Unfortunately, ours was damaged beyond repair and it would be nice to not just have the generic one on there. Thank you in advance.

Sarge
In my 40 years of restorations Ive yet to see a USAF responsible agency tag for a M38A1, U. S. ARMY , USMC but never for the Air Force, do you still have it and could you take a pic of it

Sarge72

Sarge

boykindennis

I think this refers to the vehicle having gone thru an Air Force depot for maintenance - rather than the USAF being the responsible agency. Having said that, I do know that AF Bases used the M38A1, and I saw a conversation on G503 a few years back about some vehicles that had specific USAF data plates, but it wasn't specific.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks