• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M39 hydraulic brake master cylinder vent line connected to air pack: capping

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M39 - M51A2. I am overhauling the hydraulic air-assisted brake system. The filler cap of the MC has a vent line connection going into the airpack where it joins another line going in. THat vent line irritates me when trying to bleed and fill the system or controlling the system. Can I just cap the connector on the airpack side, and use the MC filler cap connection for a remote second reservoir (or a free-hanging down-pointing vent line?

Unfortunately, the images of the airpack show 4-5 air line connections in front, but the schematic drawings in TM .. 20 do not show these extra lines, neither does it show the vent line of the MC.

Forgot to look where the second thick lines goes to; if its only the horn and wipers I will cap that whole thing, don't need then now.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine definitely went to the air pack

Airpack dismantel - 01r.jpg Airpack dismantel - 01c.jpg

The air pack just after removing it from the truck. The image on right shows a close-up of the air regulator section. On top you see a connector that splits into a large pipe going to the front of the truck and a smaller connection sticking upwards. That is the connector to my MC vent line. Any idea how and why this is like this or is it something special for this truck.

Airpack dismantel - 01cc.jpg

The main air connector in front. If you look good, you see that the left wall has a bit of a dent in it. Happened during removal. auaauaauaaua

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here you see the vent line running up to the MC from the Airpack. The line is disconnected, you see the connector hanging free on the right.

Brakes - Master Cylinder - 03cr.JPG

When my vent line was hooked up to the master cylinder I replaced the copper line with DOT nylon and left the nut on the fitting just hand tight . it was easer to get out of the way I had to wrap tape on it so the nut would not slide down .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks