• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M39 series external engine identification

AMGeneral

Ok,I figured I would post up one of the quick external differences between a ENDT 673 Mack powered A1 vs a truck powered by the LDS 465-1A Multifuel.

It has been mentioned in several recent threads,so I thought rather than hijack someone elses thread,just post this in it's own.

As vtdeucedriver mentioned in another thread,the main difference is the piping from the air cleaner to the turbo,the Mack uses a 3 piece intake pipe whereas the multi uses a 2.That being said,you can only see the external pipe(s) on either version of these trucks.

It is noted that the Mack is also seen frequently with the large pre cleaner on the air filter can,but this will also work on the multifuel can as well,so this being in place is not a positive identifier of there being a Mack under the hood.

Below are 2 pictures of M39 series trucks,a M54A1 cargo in 24087 OD and a M52A2 in 383 CARC,both pics are 3/4 right side views.Pay special attention to the air filter piping from the air cleaner can to the engine side panel.

The Mack is on the left with the multifuel being on the right.

Attachments

AMGeneral

True,but I look for every truck with this setup and usually bid on em.

Plus,I already have 5 Mack powered trucks and 1 spare engine plus extra Mack specific parts.That isn't counting the several I have passed on to others.:mrgreen:

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks