• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m39 vs 800 series master cylinders

davesgmc

Is there a difference between the m39 series 5 tons and the 800 series of 5 ton master cylinders?
AND is there a commercially available rebuild kit available for either one?
Mine is leaking and I thought I would source a replacement and rebuild it and my leaking one to put into parts storage.
any info would be appreciated,,,,and YES< I USED THE SEARCH FEATURE ALREADY and found NOTHING except people telling others to use the search feature.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does the master cyl have casting numbers anywhere on the body? If so, a parts store might be able to come up with a kit.

If you do get a number and the part stores can't help call Wagner or Raybestos tech support numbers. Those cyls look like they were also used on commercial vehicles.

davesgmc

I have not ever found a parts counter guy that is smart enough to find hard to find parts. I usually end up finding them myself. as far as ever calling a tech line from a manufacturer. Might as well as talk to a kindergartner, they will give you about as good of an answer as any tech support person will. I had been an automotive tech for a very long time so have had to deal with both. Best bet would be a manufacturers catalog with specs in it, and those are disappearing quickly and turning into on line crap-a-logs. I was just hoping someone else had already found a part #.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I totally understand. I am an ase parts spec formerly in the business for 20 years but had enough. I learned the trade with illustrated parts guides and catalogs and getting dirty id and cataloging cores to return. Yes the newbies only know computers and even NAPA is now harder to find paper catalogs. I do have friendly contacts that let me use their catalogs & tech lines. If you find a casting number, I will try to research it for you.

Juan

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
mst cyl kit

l came up with a bore of 1 3/4 for Wagner Casting Fe 1575

Raybestos Master Cyl kit is a MK430. Napa is a United 430. (same part different box for Napa)

Raybestos tech support 1-800-407-9263

If is correct, please post to the parts sticky spreadsheet so everyone can find it.

Good Rebuilding!;-)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks