• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M39 won't idle

Raithi

Just used it the other day to move a prefab amish log cabin for the preacher man down the road. Ran fine, no power lacking, you couldn't even tell I was pulling anything. Today she won't idle at all, sounds like I'm not getting any fuel, I have to feather the accelerator to keep the truck running or it dies after a few seconds. Won't start at all without a couple pumps of the pedal.

Getting ready to go out and have a peak at the carb, as that is #1 on my list of suspects.

Any other thoughts?

This is not only my first time owning / driving a 5 ton, but first big truck with air system as well, so it's all a bit new to me. Reading TMs and learning as I go.

Raithi

m39, '62 international gasoline engine, but back in business now. I tore down and cleaned the carb, worst looking rusty watery gas Ive ever seen. I think my son flipped the tank switch on me. Looks like the left tank has water in it. So Im back on the right tank, and after pushing the rest of the dirty gas out of the line Im good to go. Draining the rest out of the left tank right now, and I see a new fuel filter in the near future I'd say.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks