• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M416 cover

SandD

Looking for a canvas cover for my m416. There are two that I'm looking at, one from www.odcloth.com and one from www.surplusjeep.com. Was wondering if anyone has any experience with either company. I'm not doing an authentic restore but I am trying to keep some of the original style. Appreciate any input.

packard1950

If you can go out and buy the right cover for your M 416 trailer. When you resell the trailer it is a very good selling point and the oem covers that came with the trailers are very well made. I do know the the canvas covers used while the trailers were in military service were covered with new motor oil and than hung up to dry out. This is a very good way to make the cover water proof and it also makes the canvas last forever. I have an M 416 trailer that I bought back in 1990 and it came with a OD green canvas cover and I oiled it about three years ago and it's still good and serviceable. You do get what you pay for and good luck and have fun with your trailer!
Best Regards
Packard 1950

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks