• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M416 Trailer

cruzinz28

I recently acquired a M416 Trailer on my trip up to Delta PA. Appears to be delivered in 10/65. It came with a MD title, manual, and was re-wired to work with the typical 4-pin trailer plug with 12v Bulbs in the tail lights. It appears that one of the previous owners did a home made shackle type lift when they installed the bigger tires on it and relocated the tail light to the fenders with some really well made brackets. The only damage over the years of use looks like a dent on right top rail and someone got frustrates and cut the metal plate above the front drain plug.

20140707_201502.jpg 20140707_201612.jpg 20140707_201516.jpg 20140707_201625.jpg
As you can see I'm going to be putting her back to work. Works perfect so far behind my RZR 570 to move wood from my wood pile to my house. In the spring I plan to pull it apart, fix the front drain plug, prime and re-paint the whole thing and possibly put new tires on it. When I'm not using it to haul wood to the house in the winter It will be towed behind either my 1953 Willys, 2006 Jeep Unlimited or our Dodge to haul my Chainsaws, Gas Cans, Bar Oil Etc. when I go to cut wood.

Attachments

CGarbee

Good looking trailer. Considering the number of them that I've had over the years that have been abused by the former owners (hard use or really odd modifications), yours is in amazing shape.
I'm running omni-volt LEDs in mine so that I can tow with either a civilian 12v truck or one of the 24v military ones, I've got the military intervehicular plug on the trailer with a four pin plug tapped in at the junction block on the frame (nice thing is that the four wire setup can be tucked into the splash guard so that no-one knows it is there when the trailer is out and about for parade or show duty..).

cruzinz28

Thanks CGarbee! I almost scored a Canadian M100/416 which are obviously in great shape because they were made more recently. Missed it on Craigslist by like two days because I couldn't get down to look at it until the weekend. This one will do just fine, just needs a little TLC.

Last edited:

cruzinz28

I found the trailer on Craigslist after loosing opportunity to get a Canadian Version of the M416 off Craigslist in VA. The Canadian M416 was in a little better shape since it was built later than this one, but with a little work this spring this one will look just fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks