• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M416 wiring...

harm

Whats up guys. I am new here and new to any military trailer, recently found a good deal on a M416 trailer in good shape. I really like the original tail lights and would like to keep them but wonder how I can wire them up to my 4 pin plug on my FJ Cruiser. Any information you guys can give me would be great.
My future plans for this trailer is to tear it down (which I started the other day) sandblast the tub and powder coat it. I would like to spray the inside with Line-X or something similar and swap the axle out for a 6x5.5 lug axle.
I want to build some sort of lid for it to add a roof top tent.
I think it would be a perfect addition while crossing rivers like this :razz:

Thanks for looking...

Attachments

Last edited:

coyotegray

Just swap the bulbs for 12v and replace the plug to fit what you have..
There a few threads around here with details on the pin out but it's east to figure out..

Andy..

Wolf.Dose

Hey, to find out the harness refer to TM 9-2330-251-14.
For your 4 pin connector I advice you to change at least to a 7 pin connector to conform with some world wide standards and for your own safety.
After that changing to 12 V bulbes should be the easiest, but why, the the FJ Cruiser in Europe has a 24 V system..... And in Japan, too...
Wolf

frodobaggins

Hey, to find out the harness refer to TM 9-2330-251-14.
For your 4 pin connector I advice you to change at least to a 7 pin connector to conform with some world wide standards and for your own safety.
After that changing to 12 V bulbes should be the easiest, but why, the the FJ Cruiser in Europe has a 24 V system..... And in Japan, too...
Wolf
Since it doesn't have electric brakes, what purpose would a 7 pin over a 4 pin serve ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks