• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M43 folding step

M813A1

Hi Guys !! I have an idea and need a M43 Rear Folding step !! Would anyone have a lead on a rear folding step from the M43 Ambulance ?? I want to add it to the rear tail gate of my 5 ton to make it easier to get in and out of the back !! I have been searching the web and have not come up with any good parts places for the M43 ?? Thanks

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you get the step finished, please post some pictures of the setup.
I also interested in that modification......:razz:

russcal

Hiya, M813A1!

Not a common piece, I know, I'm looking for one for my XM152. I get the impression that these kinda "got in the way" because most old M43's have them removed or broken off. Don't know that the M43 step actually folds as it serves as the medic orderlys seat when in the "up" postion.

John Bizal didn't have any of these when I last asked (last month), but he does have reproductions of the earlier WWII era WC54 trucks. This does fold flat when in the "up" position. See: http://www.midwestmil.com/dodgewc15.html

If you find two steps, let me know... I'm eager for one!

Russ
Proud son of Rose and Wes

XM152

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks