• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M43 for sale in NJ

citizensoldier

Is there a engine and trans in it? Looks pretty bad.. I would pull all the misc brackets,axle shafts and bumper off it.. Pull the rims and tires and off to the scrapper.. She has had it.. If it has a motor I would give you $200 for it.. That is only worth scrap value.

BigJay

I never understood selling like this... and you see it pretty often..

"Give me $2000 or it's going in the trash can."

????

Shouldn't it be more like "It's going in the trash unless someone comes and gets it before ..."

-Jay

zak

What a shame. Looks like it settled down on the frame in the firewall/cowl area. Did the roof rust away or somebodys idea of starting rust repair. If you have to leave this model outside, the roof better be tarped or this will be the result. The m43 is a rust magnet that starts in the roof seams. Hey but the grill looks straight and the motor looks to be there. Hey Lane being close to Canada it might be a Canadian model...251 parts. :roll:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Might be worth $600 to $700 in parts. The rust got the rest of the body bad. The mechanicals look to be in rebuildable condition at best.

Reddman

:(
It's so sad to see one of our fine veteran vehicles reach this point in life. Too often we also see veterans from war of the human variety at this point as well ... forgotten ... and left to the elements. Hopefully this ol' M37 war horse can at least be a donor for the survival of another of its kind.
And I agree that the # should be shared with g741.org so that the history of this old truck at least will not be lost to history.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reddman said:
:(
It's so sad to see one of our fine veteran vehicles reach this point in life. Too often we also see veterans from war of the human variety at this point as well ... forgotten ... and left to the elements. Hopefully this ol' M37 war horse can at least be a donor for the survival of another of its kind.
And I agree that the # should be shared with g741.org so that the history of this old truck at least will not be lost to history.
I hear that - up at Coleman's in PA, there is a very rare M37 radio truck (no, not a standard M37 or M42, it's a MRC-* type rig) that has been sitting there so long the body is rotted through. Long gone, but some of the running gear is salvagable. Wants $700 for it. I am tempted to take some of my tax refund and pick it up just to save the parts, but its a shame the whole rig is lost from history.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why doesn't he just put it on eBay and be done with it? M37s and their variants have been getting good money there. It might not get the $2K he wants, but I doubt he's going to get more elsewhere. Plus, it will be gone in about a week.