• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M43 Value?

nhjohnny1

I picked up an M43 in a trade and its cool and all but I have an M37 and its more my speed so Im wondering what a fair sale or trade value would be for it?
The guy I got it from added the mirrors and volvo seats and tossed the originals......:roll: There is rust on the box corners and some under the rear box angles where the steps would be but overall looks pretty solid.
It runs well around the yard, tranny is way tighter than my 37, exhaust manifold is cracked, still 24v but the wiring in the engine bay is flaking so id guess it needs a harness to be done right, passenger door is caved in on the bottom.
Thanks for any help.DSC02125.jpgDSC02126.jpgDSC02127.jpgDSC02128.jpgDSC02129.jpg

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd say $1,500 to $2K. It's a good start, but will still need a lot of work to get presentable, or even working reliably. Cheaper you can get it, the better.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You won't get much of a deuce or 5-ton in trade for that. Maybe a basket case, or a running farm truck, at best. You could trade TOWARD a deuce, but you will probably still have to have a couple thou in your pocket to make up the difference.

vtdeucedriver

You won't get much of a deuce or 5-ton in trade for that. Maybe a basket case, or a running farm truck, at best. You could trade TOWARD a deuce, but you will probably still have to have a couple thou in your pocket to make up the difference.
Ive got a M-54A2 sitting here and boy its a project and I still dont think I would trade but who knows what kind of hair up my butt I may get next. I sure do like the dodges.

nhjohnny1

BWAHAHAHAHA, soooooooo.... how bad is it? does it run and drive? I do have more stuff to trade.....

In all seriousness the ambulance is cool but im more of a backwoods rider than a parade guy and aside from the fact that the ambulance has terrible rear visibility and is top heavy I can bring myself to steal parts off it or beat it up in the woods.
Im not looking to trade for a concours resto, just a new project.

Mayor Joe

Just finished a resto of one of these and I might be interested if you're selling it. You're welcome to PM me.
Here's what mine looks like now. Ambulance at ISRA.jpg

zout

If I were looking at it - it would be ending at bid of around $500.00

There are lots of the little things missing to bring it back into an ambulance as just accessories. I do see the sliding door in there but did not see it the latch was there.
What I mean by this is: Black out curtains for each window - even the sliding door one. Rear original step. Upper beds. Heater system under the rf cover in the rear. All the cloth tie down straps. Lots more missing.

And I give only my two cents worth cause here is mine:
PDR_0052.jpg

Mayor Joe

Oh yeah, believe me, I know what all goes in one. Mine is complete inside also. I actually provided strap details to Beachwood for their details (could not find them in ANY ords. Eventually, over time, I found all of them and made templates. I have most of the items needed to complete the interior of one, that's why I mentioned I was interested. While I was restoring mine, I collected extras whenever I ran across them. I even have a template now for the rear step. I've made a few for others. Mine is Army like yours. I would like to do an Air Force version. Only for the right price - they're a lot of work and money invested, but I love driving them and they really are appreciated at events (as I'm sure you know). THANKS!!

3dAngus

You got a couple thousand just in the parts to make someone else's machine complete. Wheels, hood, bumper, fenders, engine, tranny, lights, etc

Lots of people out there that would want the parts to improve their machines, or complete them. It might even be a good selling point if you could find someone to trade up to on a deuce or something.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks