• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M43 won't spark

realmaple

I'm very frustrated! I can't get my M43 to spark. The wiring is in ruff shape and I've tried to feed juice directly to the distributor. Still no spark. I've taken the distributor apart and all connections are fine and show continuity. New coil, condenser, points , plugs rotor. I've fed juice directly to the distributor in fear something isn't hooked up or damaged and still no spark.

What am I doing wrong?????

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your missing the problem. Its there, your just not seeing it. Probably a grounded connection on the point side of the coil.

Lee in Alaska

realmaple

re: M43/spark

Let me ask a question. To hot wire the distributor from the battery direct, do I need to come off both positive posts of each battery?

vtdeucedriver

no, just the postive cable terminal, that is if your batteries are connected correctly. Make sure you are getting 24 volts at the distributor.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The dist cap insert is cracked and your fire is jumping to ground. The old originals do it and so do the imported copies.