• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M43B1 What Color is correct ??

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have seen pictures of the rear Patient compartment of the M43 series ambulance painted lusterlessolive drad, semi gloss olive drab , off white (a shade of ivory), and various other hues of white. I have seen many pictures showing a puprle hue vinyl covering for the seat cushions and back rests as well as canvas and green vinyl coverings. I have looked all over for the definitive answer and can find none.

Can anyone please help me or tell me where to find the information?

Mike_L

Torisco,

Although not definitive, there was an article published a while back by Dennis Spense that listed OD paints and colors used on MVs from WWII to present. In it he identifies a Semi-Gloss Green, number 24533 for use inside tactical ambulances. That same color he also lists for the interior of the M113. As I recall, from my '113 days, that color is a lighter, "robin egg" shade of green.

I've not seen any reg or pub that specifies the color. The above article is the only one I've ever seen that mentions it though I'm sure there is something out there being it is a military piece of equipment.

Hope this helps despite being nearly a month late.

m376x6

Both M43B1's that I had were painted a light green in the patient compartment. The exact shade I have no idea, but it was the same as some armored vehicle interiors I have seen.

Regards,
M376X6

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry for being soooo late but your response helped me seal th deal on the light green colr. Thanks to the great people of Steel Soldieres.

txdodge43man

This same question has been bouncing around the MV world for a long time Ive seen the M43 with both white and OD interiors same as the WWII dodge. My fathers M725 is OD inside and thats the only color I have ever seen for the 725. I would go with OD green inside that would be more tactical thats my two cents