• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M447C trailer

My new M447 van trailer questions???

Do you still have that m447c trailer??? I just got one and had a few questions about it that I wanted to shoot by you if that's allright? First off does anyone have the NSN number for the ladder for it because I didn't get one with my purchase. I also did happen to win one with the solid expansive walls for it but how do they fasten in???

Last edited:
Hey Kurt,

Well man I got those walls unfolded and set up finally on it thanks and am currently trying to figure out my lighting situation, wow what an ordeal so I have power to receptacles but no lights I took off the overhead wire housing to check for any problems and the wiring looks fine still wrapped with no loose ends. i checked the breaker also tightened all connections there and still no lights. This is starting to get on my nerves a little. I have a new age 4400 watt generator but it is not 3 phase. I am figuring if I have receptacles I should have lights right. Is there a trick to the lighting for yours? What kind of generator do you have running yours? Have any pointers or advice for me? Thanks for listening.

kurtkds

There should be a black out option on the trailer. Mine has the switch mounted to the side of the breaker panel, when selected, and the back door open, the main lights shut off and the a single black out light comes on. The relay that controls it is mounted inside the breaker panel. Let me take some pictures to post up.

kurtkds

With a single phase generator, you'll have to do some rewiring to get everything to work correctly too.
I run on single phase when at home since the only thing that requires 3phase is the ac unit, but there are ways around that problem too.

Well I think that I am about to fix the single phase situation and get a better generator for it that is 3 phase and the correct voltage and see if it makes a difference so I can run it all like I should be able to. There is a generator up for grabs that is 15 kilos on gov liquidation that I am shooting for! It won't be till the first part of July though, I will keep you posted. What have you done to the inside of your trailer?

kurtkds

uploadfromtaptalk1434941671629.jpg
Front of trailer with 3kw gen with additional muffler to quiet it down. 2 field light containers 1 with field light set and one with civilian extention cords.

kurtkds

Inside mine came with 2 work benches and a desk at the nose.
uploadfromtaptalk1434941895820.jpg
I've been working on an electrical panel thus week so there's lot of stuff out.

I am bidding on a 15kilowatt generator out of Ft Riley that is on a trailer and it looks like it has the J4 plug that will plug right into the trailer. Of course I don't know what the heck I am going to do with 15 kilos of electricity besides light up my community, LOL! but hey if it is what will get the lights and everything else the juice it needs so be it! I tell you this your actual trailer looks awesome no rust like mine, but I will get her done and get her back tip top. So do you still use the 4 prong plug that was originally what you plug into for the main power from the generator or did you change it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks