• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M48A1 Engine Running Again

murphy

Just curious...Do you have hulls for your 1790 packs? I drove M-47 as a teenager at an Army Reserve armory, 1959. The unique 'side-stick' steering is memorable. The thing has some WEIGHT. We have a nice M-41 here and it has become (after lots of hours work) a treat to drive. A great crowd-pleaser, not to mention driver-pleaser. Current project is a Stuart, with 6.2 GM/Turbo 400 trans. Runs 30MPH on dirt, sounds fabulous. Turret will go on this summer.
John Kessler
Ft. Lauderdale
No we don't we are missing the coolers and most of the rear engine covers yet. Everyone with some experience says the same on the steering I think its a nice way to say there could have been some improvements!! We had a guy who had experience in both the m-47 and the m-41 explain it as "the m-41 is like a sports car quick and nimble the m-47 is like a mack truck crude but effective" The Stuart with the gm should be a great combination. Ive got a m-114 the 283 is a pooch my son wants to put a Chevy 383 stroker in it so far Im dragging my feet, the 283 runs good and is original and correct but the 383 would be fun!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks