• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M49A2C

sorensonsc

Just bought one. Haven't seen it yet. Was wondering if the tank is bolted to the bed of the truck or if it's bolted to the frame and I'll need to get a new bed when I take the tank off.

Thanks

HDN

Congratulations on your new deuce! You might find someone here who'd want to trade you a cargo truck for that.

I understand wanting a cargo truck - the utility of the cargo box was one way I was able to justify the purchase!

HDN

The red part looks like an add-on. I think that truck should have a PTO-driven pump, though if it isn't working it would be easier for some to just attach another pump and hose.

sorensonsc

So your title got my interest, a complete M49a2c is really rather rare. Here's a very recent picture of my 1985 M49a2c & 1968 ENG-3. M49a2c is complete and operational. Has all its hoses and nozzles, including the hard hoses for sucking out of a tank.
Mine is not complete and is a 1978. They removed the pto pump and the entire housing from the back. Added on a red rack to hold a water pump and hose. Soft is MIA at this point. It looks like they cut off the round holders on the driver's side that held the hard hoses for sucking out of a tank. Pretty sure that the tank is at least the stainless steel version.

Reactions: HDN

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The round hose holders on the drivers side of the tank are actually for the large diameter, large nozzle hose. Much higher velocity flow than smaller hose and nozzle that connects inside the rear compartment. This hose is used for dispensing fuel. My hose and nozzle are on the other side intact. The hard hoses are fairly rigid and don't bend easily. They are kept in the side compartments that run the length of the tank. I'll try to go over tomorrow and get some additional pictures.

And, congratulations on your truck. Share some additional pictures if possible.

UB_Bomber

Congrats on your M49! I picked up a 68 m49 complete truck. If you have any questions I have got some pretty good insight after all the problems I went through.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks