• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M4K Offroad Forklift - finally found one...

surfdog

Finally found a M4K Case forklift - and it was just 10 miles from home.

Runs great. Hour meter indicates 217 but it looks like it was used more than that based on the wear and tires. Looks like most of the grease fittings were regularly greased - I greased everything I could find on it and the only one that wouldn't take any was the fitting on the brake pedal shaft.

Now after using it I'm finding that visibility of the fork tips sucks, but I'll just have to deal with that. I did paint the tips yellow today to try to make them easier to see. Now will probably start painting the rest of it back to OD rather than NY DOT yellow and blue.

Want to buy manuals if anyone has print copies....

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very nice unit! I have been trying to buy one of those as well seems like forever! Case dealership actually has parts for these.

NEIOWA

Very nise one should be coming thru Ft McCoy. Listed DRMO last month. I don't think was reused as had no engine. So a project but if as nice as represented likely worth undertaking on a 4K.

M1031CMT

Nice. We are looking at getting a similar unit for the yard. Too many things need moving. The M816 can pick up a lot, but it can take a while to hook it up then moving it around. Having something like this would make things go a lot faster. Especially when working in the back of the property.

Good score.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was on one once and you really can see very good while operating it. You sit too low. As has already been said, you can't see the forks very well but you can see very well backing up either because of the engine compartment. Using it is really a two man operation with one as a ground guide.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You haven't lived until you have backed one down the upper vehicle ramp on a LPD - loaded with ammo.