• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M5 repower

panzerwillie

Will fill all the fluids next week including diesel fuel and get all prime , waiting on the starter bolts to get that in place plus batteries....

Bill W

Willie
I talked with Fred yesterday and he said you've been working your tail off on this project and it shows, nice work buddy [thumbzup].
Hey when you get this girl running are you and your reenactor team gonna switch sides :mrgreen:

panzerwillie

lots of work ahead

Yes originally i was going to run 2 engines but would need to be center mount turbos or NA it gets tight very quickly Kenny
Bill is being a lot of work and still lots left just yesterday we kind of figuere out how to take the turret supports apart to put all bearings and bushings new , i king of set up a FAB shop with a good welding table as well 300 amp AC/DC Tig as well 250 AMP Mig for all the fabrications still a lot to do a lot of people being helping on Sundays especially Jason who goes there early with me but is only 1 day a week still got tons of work ahead...
The two radiator set up was suggested since there is plenty of M151 parts there...
20130825_104955.jpg20130818_171513-1.jpg

panzerwillie

Great to hear that some one has a few of them lots of spare parts i guess, the VULCAN is in excellent condition i believe is 1959 and it weights 150 lbs...........

panzerwillie

Yes we drove it lot this weekend around the property it would criuse around 20MPH {no turret} with very little effort and make sharp turns lots of power, finally got reverse fix on the transfer unit some where down the line had jump of the adjuster now will star putting controls in it so one person can operate it instead of 3 more to follow:tank:

panzerwillie

IP troubles

We being working on the turret for over a year especially the load bearings, however it develop a flat spot on the engine when you would snap the fuel and would idle down and turn off also hard to star, so time to take apart and send to the lab, will also change the nozzles for a bit more power...20150712_111004.jpg20150712_110945.jpg20150712_110928.jpg20150712_110904.jpg20150712_110815.jpg20150712_105111.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks