• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M50 tank

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked the truck up today. Turns out it's kind of a oddball. The data plate says " AM general, M50A3, with a '73 contract year". I know the data plate is wrong. The frame number is 0129-10079. According to David Doyle's MVM article, a 0129 doesn't exist. I've e-mailed David with the frame number.

Truck has a LD-465, lower headlights, electric horn, and exhaust exiting between the tandems. At this time I'm unsure if it's a A2 or A3.

reom35a2fluiter

hello,

the reo m50a2 has a 400 gallon tank and a 600 gallon tank with water. 1000 gallon total
the reo m50a3 has a 500 gallon tank and a 500 gallon tank with water. 1000 gallon total.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I picked the truck up today. Turns out it's kind of a oddball. The data plate says " AM general, M50A3, with a '73 contract year". I know the data plate is wrong. The frame number is 0129-10079. According to David Doyle's MVM article, a 0129 doesn't exist. I've e-mailed David with the frame number.

Truck has a LD-465, lower headlights, electric horn, and exhaust exiting between the tandems. At this time I'm unsure if it's a A2 or A3.

Beg to differ

Unit Ident Code:WBJFAA Nomenclature:TRUCK TANK WATER Model:M50A2 NSN:2320000771633
Serial Number:12910079 Registration Number:4H7409 Year of Mfg:1966 Manufacturer:65909
Info was from Sep 05

Not sure who WBJFAA is. Can't find anything in Google. Might have to ask the Army Hearldry Dept.

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Carnac. I was going to post the numbers in the "vin info thread" but I guess I don't have to now.

David got back to me. He confirms the info you gave.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well after getting the truck home, I decided to get it running today. After two hot batteries, a fuse replaced in the fuel pump, and a family of mice cleaned out of the air cleaner she was ready to go. It fired right up but it's knocking really bad. :(

The truck body is as straight and rust free as anything I've ever seen out of GSA and better than most GL trucks but the engine is shot, brakes are shot, and all the water pump stuff is gone. Looks like it's going to be a parts truck. Coming to a classifieds near you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks