• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M51 Chemical Shelter trailer

cbvet

Anyone know where to find a repair TM for these things? I don't see it on SS.

Right now I'm just trying to get the engine running.
There is a sealed metal box, about 3X4X3, which buzzes when the engine run switch is turned on. What's it for?
Engine cranks fine, but doesn't start. Not drawing any fuel, so I guess I'll start cleaning the varnish out of the system.
Any suggestions appreciated.
Eric

cbvet

Just found the manual on "Google books"!
The box I mentioned is an RFI filter.
I may be able to just bypass it.
There is also an RFI filter on the power lead to the electric fuel pump for the heater.

67Beast

If you need it, I have a complete manual set on PDF I could send you. The motor is just the standard military 4A084 motor and there sould be tons of info out there on it as it was used also in the 10kw gensets. If you are not getting gas, the fuel pump may be shot, or the lines maybe plugged up. If you want to see pics of one set up, you can see them on my M51 page M51

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks