• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M51 dump gasser for sale in VA - $1000

CGarbee

So, I'm up at the farm in Virginia this weekend, spent some time wrenching on a MEP-005A generator (it's now purring like a kitten and making power...) and didn't get a chance to look at the new truck until today...

The truck is actually a five ton gasser cargo that has been converted to a tipper.... Still has the original bed (actually, pretty straight but with a truly mangled tailgate), the pistons and frame from a five ton dump, a hydrualic tank where the toolobox mounts on the passenger side, fair tires, ragged out cab (rust, missing switches/guages/gas pedel), no top, now bows, no brakes (they work if you top them up with fluid and pump them, so there is a leak somewhere).

Good news is that it runs and the bed does go up and down... :)

I'm seriously thinking about parting this one out unless somebody wants it whole to build their own tipper conversion (or to fix a tipper that they have....).

It was too dark to take photos last night, but I will in the morning...