• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M51 Gasser Heater location

acetomatoco

Goes on the flat spot on the left front fender under the hood...just took two off my M139s.. you can check the placement with the hood scoop and elbow and flex hose...and then it all plumbs in thru the knockout on the firewall left side and the two hoses go over the engine to the rf side...and the rest of the stuff in the cab is standard m series.

derby

A buddy of mine bought the M51and I did not know what to tell him for mounting location. Are You calling the driver side the left?

acetomatoco

Me and 240,000,000 other folks. The driver's position is the common locus for left right front and back... In the Cummins 800s the heater mounts on the RF. Sometimes on engines the L and R are not common as mfrs choose to be out of synch.

acetomatoco

of course, not to disappoint my fans...The hot water personnel heater kit and the gasoline powered personnel heater kit are detailed with fine photos and text in the Organizational Maintenance Manual TM 9-2320-211-20 which you should buy and study so you can answer your buddy's questions.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks