• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M51, M817, M929 Tailgate Part Question

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Greetings folks and fellow tipper owners. My M51A2 is missing part number 4 in the pic below. Does anyone have a picture of what this pin looks like? Does it have some type of retainer or chain? This pin retains the top of the tailgate for spreading and dumping operations!

Thanks in advance. FYI, Can't find it in the -20P or -34P at all. Some finger work online and I think I found the NSN, just trying to be sure before I shared it.

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Greetings folks and fellow tipper owners. My M51A2 is missing part number 4 in the pic below. Does anyone have a picture of what this pin looks like? Does it have some type of retainer or chain? This pin retains the top of the tailgate for spreading and dumping operations!

Thanks in advance. FYI, Can't find it in the -20P or -34P at all. Some finger work online and I think I found the NSN, just trying to be sure before I shared it.
NSN 5315007409017

#5 below.

On ebay

Attachments

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Just checked the ones set aside for my m59, same pin I believe.
A4D1DB1B-FED4-4C81-934D-50D290A7ECA3.jpeg71821DA6-96CF-4FFA-ABB4-07DD19FFF302.jpeg
Not sure why the bag is marked chain for the one with the chain attached. I bought a pair on ebay and both are marked that way, unless I put them in those bags.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Wes and Jon. That item on ebay was what I found. I feel like an idiot for not looking in the 809 or 939 parts TMs. I have the 809 TMs right here and low and behold, part numbers. Now I need to track down a couple of those chains (or just make them). Great work to both of you!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ended up buying the surplus pins on eBay for $12.04 delivered. I'll try my best to duplicate the chains Jon posted.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks