• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M51A2 vs. Big gut

98hd

The M35 steering wheel is 20" O.D., the other wheel that I bought this weekend is 18" O.D. I think it may be an 800 series wheel. It is only 1" xtra belly room, but 1 little inch may mean miles of comfort.
I got one of those wheels from Rodney at Iola (I assume you got one of the others he had). The one I got matches up perfectly w/ my 818 wheel.

I got one of those wheels from Rodney at Iola (I assume you got one of the others he had). The one I got matches up perfectly w/ my 818 wheel.
No, mine came from a guy in about the center of the swap meet, it was new in the box. I wanted to compare it to the wheel on my M813, but I moved it to my shop on Monday. Since yours matches up, I can assume the one I got is 800 series also.

98hd

No, mine came from a guy in about the center of the swap meet, it was new in the box. I wanted to compare it to the wheel on my M813, but I moved it to my shop on Monday. Since yours matches up, I can assume the one I got is 800 series also.
It could be a small deuce wheel, not sure. I know my 809 wheel is built a little bit squarer than the deuce ones, specifically the spokes, but I have never seen a small deuce wheel before.

Marcel

Chain Gang

I was looking for something a bit more military. I made a soap box derby car when I was 10 it had this type of steering wheel on it, found the wheel in the trash dump. What is a 6tl adapter tray and where can I get locking door handles?

OD_Coyote

I was looking for something a bit more military. I made a soap box derby car when I was 10 it had this type of steering wheel on it, found the wheel in the trash dump. What is a 6tl adapter tray and where can I get locking door handles?
You could paint it OD and nobody would be the wiser.:-D
The 6TL adapter trays allow you easily to install Optima 6TL batteries in the battery box. You can get them from ODIron at the link below:

OD Iron LLC Military Vehicle Parts and Accessories

You can get the locking door handles < $10..0 each from the following site:

http://www.lowcosttrailersupplies.co...CTS/CTGY/K03x5

Marcel

You could paint it OD and nobody would be the wiser.:-D
The 6TL adapter trays allow you easily to install Optima 6TL batteries in the battery box. You can get them from ODIron at the link below:

OD Iron LLC Military Vehicle Parts and Accessories

You can get the locking door handles < $10..0 each from the following site:

http://www.lowcosttrailersupplies.co...CTS/CTGY/K03x5
I have new military batteries so there is no need for me to buy the adapter tray but I did buy and install a plastic battery box---nice mod. I couldn't find the lockable handles at the trailer website so I am contacting a sales rep. Would the door handles fit on my M51A2? Soon I will be installing my spin-on oil filters but have not yet bought the spin-on fuel filter. Thanks for your help!!!