• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m52..army vs. marine

M813A1

Sometimes the Marine trucks have a locker unit in the carrier of the axle . My 5 ton M813A1 Army truck has a open carrier so both left and right side hubs do not turn at the same time if you get stuck

yeehaa

When I was in the Corps, all of our deuces & 5-tons had lifting shackles on the front bumpers and attached to the frames & beds on either side between the rear axles. None of the Army trucks I saw ever had them.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I was in the Corps, all of our deuces & 5-tons had lifting shackles on the front bumpers and attached to the frames & beds on either side between the rear axles. None of the Army trucks I saw ever had them.
All the trucks I've ever seen have lifting points on the front and between the axles.

Are you talking about something different than the standard lifting shackles?

yeehaa

On all of our trucks, the side shackles were always in place. They were long arms attached to the frame mount with a pin and stuck out a few inches past the bed. The Army trucks never had the arms on them.

jwaller

many of the marine trucks will have also had deep water kits on them. the larger lifting hooks on the front bumpers are referred to as paper clips.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks