• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M52 Gas Tank Into Tool Box

dfanders

Folks,

We have an M52 with 2 Old rusty tanks. One has been replaced by an NOS tank. We also have a new fuel system (24 volt electric) and are not using the fuel selector switch. When we get to adding a second tank, it will also be NOS.

So we have these 2 tanks that take up alot of space. We decided that we could put the passenger side tank back into it's location and with some modfications , it would make a great toolbox. We have not yet finished the design. I should have remebered the saying.."measure twice, cut once" ...It's a good thing we have a second tank, as it looks like we will make the opening on the side not the top. :oops:

Now i have to decide what to do with this one. Here are some pics, so you can see the baffles inside. Looknig at them , i think they are going to stay in place, as removing them will be a B***H.

Any suggestions:idea:

Attachments

m.walker

I would cut the door on the side down to about 3 inches from the bottom so it could hold things in . Hinge , hasp or latch and some way to seal it and your in business ! I'm considering doing this to my passenger side tank because of rust also .