• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M52 running out of "get up and go"

Monty

Have since installed an electronic update done to the other spare from the spare truck and it fired right off on the second turn when we restarted it.[/quote]

Who's kit did you use to convert the distributor to electronic? I'd like to get a replacement distrubutor and upgrade it.

Thanks
Chad

Diamondjim11

M-52

David,
Looks like we are both headed down the same path. I picked up an M52A1 multifuel and tag along trailer to haul my M3A1. I just finished the trailer light conversion and will start the brakes next. I am glad you got the "kink" worked out of the fuel system. Keep me posted how things are working out.:)
Jim

sklemm

Here are some pictures of the M52 with the trailer and M3 loaded.

As I think David mentioned before, we got about 2.5 miles to the gallon overall. There were a fair number of hills going up the northeast extension of the PA turnpike. I get the impression it would do a little bit better (maybe 3 MPG) if not for that.

Average speed was about 30 uphill and 50 to 55 on the flats.

We lost 3 tires on the way home. I to a nail the other 2 to just being old. We have already replaced 8 of the 10 with new T Hawks and are looking for 2 more to complete the set.

Attachments

armytruck63

Hey sklemm, glad to hear that the tractor performed so well. I was curious how 600 cubic inches of gasser power would do. That is one good looking setup. Thanks for sharing the photos.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks