• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m52 won't go in low and no FWD

67m52

I just acquired a 67' 5ton cab and chassis with a multi-fuel and i noticed when i shift to low range it acts like neutral and i crawled under the truck and noticed the lines going to the tranfer case air shift were gone would it need these lines to shift into low?

Also i noticed i have no front wheel drive would the absent air lines affect this also?

98hd

The low range shifting has nothing to do w/ the air lines. The air lines are for the front drive sprag. This is what controls driving your front axle.

You might want to start by watching the linkage when you shift to low, and making sure it is firmly going all the way into low and not sticking or getting bound in neutral.

rideni

mine wouldn't go into to low I had to adjust the linkage
I figured this by holding the lever to the floor and feathering the clutch heard all sorts of grinding so I removed the xfer case accees panel and adjusted the linkage so it would shift correctly

67m52

Thank you guys for the help, i will attempt to adjust the transfer case range linkage tomorrow and see if it helps.

Also do you guys think i should turn up the injection pump, it bogs when shifting to the next gear except for 1st to 2nd, and where do i turn it up at, and how much?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks