• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M52a2 hub flip???????

Darwin T

Good afternoon
I have been looking for either 395x85R20s or 14.00R20s for my M52a2. But before I jump in I want to know if i can do a hub flip on this monster? I have found posts about hub flip on m800 and m900 series trucks some yes and some no, but that does not answer my question. My second question is can i do a hub flip on an M127a2c also. If I go with either of these can i get the back tires and trailer tires track right with the front tires.
:popcorn:

Hub flip

We have the tires you need in stock in either 395/85r20, or 1400x20

I have a question. Out of curiosity why are you wanting to flip the hubs on both the truck, and trailer?
I have not had to do a hub flip on any 2 1/2 or 5-ton m series truck, if I used combat wheels. That is why I was wondering.

I am not sure if the trailer hubs can be flipped. I have not had to put super singles on one yet. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Darwin T

The hubs i have seem fit like the inside duals. That is why I wanted to flip the hubs so the tires will travel in the same line. On a deuce most of the ones i have that were singled out had the rear hubs flipped so the tires fit right. If Ican't flip them i will probably stay with the 11.00x20 ones on it now and replace the few that are worn on the truck. The trailer ones are new.

1958 M274

Here is Max the truck i am looking to put the new tires on.
Looks good! Makes me want to get a trailer for my M52A2. Maybe one day... Personally, having been around, driven, and worked on 5 tons (both M809 and M939 series) with large tires, I plan to keep 11.00-20 duals on my personal trucks. I would like to have a set of 11.00R20 Goodyear G177s for the wrecker though.

Darwin T

If i stay with duals i will probably go with 1400X20 NDCC (or what ever they are called). I was looking for the 1400R20s maybe with the run flats just for some more speed. i drove it from Nebraska to south east Texas 975 miles in December (long ride). M35a2 from Georgia to SE Texas (also a long ride). M1028a2/3 with dodge maintance bed from North of Chicago to SE Texas (also also a long ride). anything i can do to help i am trying. front locking hubs on my deuces and larger tires all around.

also just bought this Thursday from GL.

Attachments

Ford Mechanic

I've got a hub flip and tire question..... I've got 395's on origanal rims now and in the process of changing them all to A3 rims and doing a hub flip.... The question, my spare is still a 395 on a stock rim. Will it clear on the back with the hub flipped??? Or do I need to go buy 1 more A3 rim just to have a spare tire that I can use at all positions? Just wondering about the offest and clearance issues with running it dish out and hub flipped.

THANKS LOTS!!!

5tonman1971

I have the 1600s on HEMTT wheels and I did not flip my hubs and the truck tracks just fine.

In my opinion the hub flip is for looks so the rims are all facing the same direction.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
[QUOTE=5tonmanI have the 1600s on HEMTT wheels and I did not flip my hubs and the truck tracks just fine.

You mean the truck drives just fine or all the wheels are in line. Thought the Front axle is wider by a couple of inches and that would put the rear tires in a couple of inches with HEMTT with out the change.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks