• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M52a2 lds 465 1-a

OldGoat

The M818 and M52A2 both share the same 6.44 gearsets. The M39s, M809s and M900s all used this gear with only a handful of exceptions and those has 10.26 gears. Oldgoat, is that 210 HP from the dyno or is that number listed somewhere? The only Multifuel to eclipse the 200HP mark was the LDS 465-2 that came in the M656, M757 family. Curious minds want to know. Now I'm no 5 ton expert at all, matter of fact, I've not owned one for nearly 20 years but I thought the primary fuel filter was different but don't quote me on that.
The hp number came off the spec sheet, listed on the gl auction. Mine is a depot rebuild, if that helps any.

emr

I may be missing something but I am going to say it any way, sorry if im not on the same page, the 939 series trucks can have 2 different fuel filters set ups, I am not sure in the order they came out from the factory, But, there was a retro fit to put the 2 filters same to the 800 series of trucks, So I am thinking they went back to the old style for some that got the retro fit, i have the kit for my 925, not saying I will use it, but it is cool to have...:-D... I am trying to remember it was only a month ago I learned this....

panzerwillie

thanks for all the replys i being getting as of today they are going to change the filters for me before i pick up the truck i still going to bring spares already located at a local store, he also mention the posabilty of getting a 5 ton which, i got a few quotes and pictures fo a few fellows here that have some for sale thank you guys , will see what happens, i will know monday when i will got to pick it up, will have pictures to post here in the future, tomorrow going back out to move some stuff around with my friends M52A2 , is it morning yet ........:?:

panzerwillie

every time you drive a 5 ton its a good day, however took it out on the road and whats having a hard a time trying to go over 45 MPH and i notice its a little ruff ay idle sounds like bad injector but around the yard its a beast here its a good picture of it
DSCN5482.jpg
:-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks