• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M52A2 recovery from Ft Jackson

indy4x4fab

Banned
Just so you know AMG, YOU SUCK, I wanted one of those two trucks so bad, aua:sad: . But I'm glad you got it great looken truck and it sounds good to. Good starting point for a fine truck suck as that one. Hope you enjoy it. Glad you had a safe trip, and Mr. Murffy stayed out of the way. Keep us updated on the progress of the truck, and again con-grads on the m52a2.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like you had a good trip. Glad Mr Murphy stayed away.........

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love the M172A1s...too bad they are overwidth. Too much hassle using them with the required permits for my taste.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
To me, that M52A2 looks SO much better hooked to the trailer than your other tractor did!:grin:

I need to get a trailer for my M818 I guess.:roll:

AMGeneral

Yeah Bruce,that is the only thing that is bad about them.

I really like the fact that the trailer rides level when hooked the the 5 ton and up trucks,maybe i'll get a chance to see how it pulls something here soon.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen it in person, twice! once at Jackson and at Brandons! It is a nice tractor. Too bad he's going to butcher it and put a silly mack engine that only takes one kind of fuel, the expensive kind! lol

AMGeneral

lol we shall see... the XM818 of Death doesn't go out without a fight.

Well Adam,you have some SERIOUS competition with the 52A2 after today.

I FINALLY remembered to take the GPS unit along on a test drive of the M52A2, with the driveline and tires warmed up and everything checked,I decided to push it to the limit and see what it would do........

I WAS VERY SUPRISED AT THE RESULT!!!!

This is a stock M52A2 tractor with stock gearing,1100X20 tires and the front axle still hooked up,granted it does have a OD trans vs a direct 5th gear trans.

On a level straight stretch of road with NO other cars within at least 500 feet in either direction,I was able to attain a GPS verified speed of 73 MPH at 2800 rpm in 5th gear.

I DO NOT RECCOMMEND ANYONE TO TRY AND REPEAT THIS!!!! EVER!!!!!

My observation was that the truck was very twitchy at that speed and somewhat unstable,the exact reason behind making sure there were NO other vehicles within said distance on that stretch of road.

Once again,this was just a test of the A2 as I bought it from GL,as relased.I do not recommend anyone try this with their truck.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now you know why the Army kept it so long after the other multifuels were long gone. It was the fastest truck in the fleet!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks