• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M52A2 Trucks

nitras007

I came into this truck as well as a couple others. This one runs quite nicely. The others need a little work. I was going to part them out and sell the remainder as scrap. After having found this website, I was wondering what you guys think. Is there a market for these, or should I try and sell some parts to guys who need them. I spent some time searching the forums and some things look to be harder to get than others. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

nitras007

The crane works. I acquired them from an outfit that installed electrical power poles. The digger part was removed, but the crane works nicely. The hood was like that when I got it.

Do you know where one might advertise these to find the right person to restore it? I would hate to scrap a piece of history.

vtdeucedriver

WOW that looks handy!!!!! For someone who has one, fix them up and sell them as they are for work trucks, I bet you could sell them again and make some $$$$. As for converting them back to a tractor, not really worth it. But if you have one that does not have a crane on it. I love the look of a deuce bed on the back of one. Here is mine as stock as you can get.

Attachments

illtemper

welcome to the site,there's alot of great information and honorable people here. look around you'll find more than you wanted to know.

I agree on the m52a2 with a cargo bed,looks sweet,I've been wanting to do just that. I use mine as a tractor though ,so I've been looking for another one to use.

does the price you quoted me on the phone still stand.

...Jon

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm looking for a rear wiring harness. Anybody got one they would be willing t opart with?

AaronHorrocks

WOW that looks handy!!!!! For someone who has one, fix them up and sell them as they are for work trucks, I bet you could sell them again and make some $$$$. As for converting them back to a tractor, not really worth it. But if you have one that does not have a crane on it. I love the look of a deuce bed on the back of one. Here is mine as stock as you can get.
It looks like you're missing the cab's top bows

It should look a little more like this
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/3108/1107ophacbaom52a2003380vo7.jpghttp://img392.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1107ophacbaom52a2003380vo7.jpg

Last edited:

vtdeucedriver

Whos tractor is that????? Who ever it is, needs to ditch the top and go canvas! I would also ditch the composite lights on the front. The back I understand but I still put the small ones on mine.

Attachments

AaronHorrocks

You cab bows are barely visable in that photo, like they're too low.

That's my 5 ton. I've already sold the camo top and put on a canvas top, but I just don't have any photos of it handy from this last year. :roll:

vtdeucedriver

You cab bows are barely visable in that photo, like they're too low.

That's my 5 ton. I've already sold the camo top and put on a canvas top, but I just don't have any photos of it handy from this last year. :roll:

What did you end up putting for Bumper markings??????? Send some pics, I got some boys in CA that would love to see that truck!!!!

jatonka

Cab bows, boys, don't argue. The trucks came with out cab wire bows for many years, my 1967 M51A2 has no cab bows, and no holes to put them in. And..... the cab cover is canvas an is not big enough for cab bows. Cab bows are a modern conveinience ince about 1968 or 1970. The cab cover for "With Bows" is also a bit larger than the original. Hey, Jeff, the snow is gone. JT out

vtdeucedriver

Cab bows, boys, don't argue. The trucks came with out cab wire bows for many years, my 1967 M51A2 has no cab bows, and no holes to put them in. And..... the cab cover is canvas an is not big enough for cab bows. Cab bows are a modern conveinience ince about 1968 or 1970. The cab cover for "With Bows" is also a bit larger than the original. Hey, Jeff, the snow is gone. JT out

WOOOOOHOOOOO for no snow. I am still at work. Here so I can earn that $$$$ for ya.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks