• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M52A2's at work!!

vtdeucedriver

RE: Mine has only worked hauling my M127 about ten miles

Yep, they had gassers over there but for a very short time. Yes, Vietnam vets do deserve the recognition. Its sad how they were treated on so many levels. Even today its not talked about. We STILL owe them so much.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I got the bolster trailer, next I got to get the Ark. dueces and then my baby will be coming home. Redass in Ind. is taking care of it for me. Prob get it just before Christmas......need a big tree to put it under.

We'll talk paint later :D

vtdeucedriver

wreckerman893 said:
I got the bolster trailer, next I got to get the Ark. dueces and then my baby will be coming home. Redass in Ind. is taking care of it for me. Prob get it just before Christmas......need a big tree to put it under.

We'll talk paint later :D
Well let me put this in your ear. In August "The Gathering" will be in Pigeon Forge TN. I dont know how far that is from you but I am thinking that you should be close. "The Gathering" was started in 2002. Its basically a group of Vietnam Trans. vets that get together every year. I will get you some info if you are interested but these guys have taken it opon themselves AGAIN and have taken action to preserve there own history. They have done this by building replicas of the trucks they drove!! They travel in by car and airplane or "Gun Truck". 3 From NJ, one from TN, another from Ind. and Fla. These include the names SATANS HELPER, UNTOUCHABLES, MALFUNCTION, ACE OF SPADES, UNCLE MEAT, & BLACK WIDOW.

I do know one fellow from Fla. who tries to go every year. Dave Williet.......... I know him from some Modeling Sites......
Very helpful gentleman...... I know he has several Model Displays at Ft. Eustis.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
would it be possable to move these pics to the photo gallery. So they stay within easy reach? If you have any more please keep them comming!!

Armada

Awesome Jeff!!! We need to start putting together SS picture CD's of various specific content. This would be one of them.
Or maybe (like Ken said), the same thing but as a specific folder in the gallery section in addition to our individual folders. We could have folders for just 800 series trucks, CUCV's, etc., and maybe even break it down further to a folder with a specific sub model, 813's only, 816's only, 818's, 820's, 1009's, 1008's, etc. The pictures can be from anywhere, individuals trucks, from websites, and so on.... That way if a person is interested in a particular model, they could go to the folder and see all of the different variations, paint schemes, and whatever for that model.
I know I do that when I'm learning about a certain model. Google it and try and find any and all pics of it. I'm sure a lot of others do too.
(Just thinking out loud)

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Keep the pics comming jeff. I've gotten a lot of info while looking at them for my 67 M52 resto. I was mising alot of parts and have been able to see what goes where in some of these pics. Thanks alot! if you have more please post them!!!!