• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M530C Fire Truck Cooling System / Radiator

Hello,

Anyone have some pics of the radiator setup on a 70's M530C fire truck? I'm told the radiator has additional features due to the fire truck functionality. (Engine / Pump cooling, etc.)

I am aware of the louvers for winterization; just most interested in anything making the radiator or other parts of the radiator assembly different than that of a stock M35 radiator of the time period.

Any pictures or drawings would be fantastic. The TM I looked at didn't have the level of specifics that I'm looking for.

Thanks for your help!

:-D:-D

jasonjc

Sorry can't help , but I'd like too know too. Mine is missing the radiator. I do know the coolant runs thought the water tank to keep it from freezing.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My neighbour has an M530. It's a bit ragged, but complete. I'll go over and take some pictures when I get a chance.

Cheers

fasttruck

difference is in plumbing on engine; fire apparatus have auxiliary cooling capabilities so the engine does not overheat when standing still and pumping.DSC_0033_0058 - Copy - Copy.jpgDSC_0033_0058 - Copy - Copy.jpg

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I haven't forgotten you. He's been away, back tomorrow. I don't mess with another man's stuff, even a friend, without asking first!

Cheers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks