• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M54 GVW Question

fasttruck

Remember, CDL weight thresholds are based on the rated weight of the vehicle as displayed on the required data plate attached to the cab. The registered weight is not a factor other than it can not exceed the rated weight.

Amer-team

On page 1-2 of the North Carolina CDL manual, it says under exemptions that you do not need a CDL for recreational vehicles, you could also argue that it says military vehicles, although I would think they were thinking active duty MV's. So are you using this for commercial purposes?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Why not just buy some of the blank date plates in the classifieds and fill it out as you please.

Luckily Montana allows you to pick your own GVW and you pay the fee when you title it. I registered mine at 52,000 as a farm vehicle with regular plates. I put it that high because my excavator is 30k, trailer is 8k plus 17-20k truck. yeah it is close.

I emailed all the states I would have to drive through on my way to TN with my 5 ton towing my trailer with all my stuff on it. and after all the red tape and BS and other issues they might throw up. I am just going to take the Class A cdl test!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks