• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M54 Parts Value

USMC6062

I just got a rough M54 multifuel cargo truck. I plan on keeping the axles, motor, and power steering setup. I'm wondering what the transmission, transfercase, and PTO off the side of the trans is worth. I plan on selling these if I can, and scrapping anything that's left. Any idea on the value of this stuff? I looked in a MV magazine, but some of the prices seemed pretty high, $1000 for a take out T-case, yeah right. Thanks, Alex

Sephirothq

Just to give you an idea, I am trying to get $200 for a transmission, and $500 for an Engine from an M35A2. I have not had so much as a nibble. I'm up in PA not FL. you might have better luck.

M813A1

I would be interested in the R/H Tool Box Door , 3 Lever light switch , Ignition switch and turn signal , if you want to part with them !! Thanks

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And I'm not even trying to sell off the M35-A2 stuff I've got. I got a cab and chassis from a GSA auction, cut it for parts, very little works on the 5 tons actually. Offered it to some dealer, I'll not name, but they walked away from a multi-fuel, cab tub,rear axles,drive lines fenders hood, windshield frame and more. I was asking 900.00 and they never called back. Guess "deuce" parts are getting really inexpensive. But I'm still looking for a set of troop racks for my M-54 too.

USMC6062

I'll have to check on the transmission. I hope to start taking it apart this weekend. Mainly the drivetrain is the only good part on this truck. Anything sheetmetal is rusted away. I would like to see people who need the parts end up with them. If no one buys anything it's going to scrap metal. I'll post pics as soon as I take some.

USMC6062

Alright here's the pics. I don't know for sure if the trans is direct or overdrive yet, but the data plate shows it as overdrive. I plan on cutting this thing up this weekend and can get a better look then. I will try and save what I think I can sell, everything else is gettin gone. If you see something you want let me know. The transfercase looks to be airshift, but there is no switch under the dash. It looks like there is a switch on the transmission that must actuate it. Is that how it works?

Attachments

USMC6062

It looks good, but I will tell better when I take it out. The guy I bought the truck from said they drained the radiators in all the trucks so nothing would freeze.

USMC6062

I might keep the lights, I'm not sure yet. The rear shackle mounts are there, but I think one shackle is missing. I figured someone might want the air cleaner.

M813A1

Hello !! It is sad that you have to result to cutting up a good truck !! But to keep it alive, I am still interested in the R/H tool Box door , 3 lever light switch , Ignition switch, tail gate grab handles, turn signal unit , flasher unit and wiper motors !!! If you are interetsed in parting with them !! Let me know what you cost is ?? Thanks !!

D May

USMC6062

-R/H tool box door - no good, rusted out
-3 Lever switch - appears to be good
-Ignition switch - appears to be good
-Tailgate grab handles - no tailgate
-Turn signal unit - appears to be good, is it just the switch on the column?
-Flasher unit - I'll save it if I can find it?
-Wiper motors - gone, probably turned to dust!
-Bed - it's swiss cheese
-Window crank - Just the handle or the whole regulator assembly? it's probably rusted bad, but I'll check
-Air cleaner - appears to be good
-Trans - I'll find out for sure what it is this weekend, probably sell with PTO

I'll send ya'll PM's with prices when I get this stuff off. Thanks, Alex

USMC6062

I got some work done this weekend, but not as much as I had hoped for. I plan on doing a little more each afternoon and trying to haul this stuff off next Saturday. I've been saving anything that looks salvageable or what people have already asked for. Some people have mentioned wanting the transmission. Hopefully before next saturday I can get some definate yes or no's on buying the transmission and transfercase. They would have to be picked up in person, I couldn't imagine trying to ship either one of them. If no one wants them, I may throw them in the back and haul them off. I hate to do it, but I don't need any more stuff laying around.

Attachments