• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M54 recovery

m816

Got my new M54 a2 today. It is a 1969 a2 Kiaser with dropsides. When I got to the sellers home to pick it up,and finalize the title, the seller had it running already. She has been sitting for a while and w looked it over again. It has the Herculees Multifuel engine in it. There is rust in all the usual places, fenders, rocker on the right side and some of the body siderails need some replaceing. It is equiped with full canvas and top bows and troop seats even had the cargo strap and spare tire. We checked the master cylinder and it was full . didn't stomp on the brake pedal. oops.
After it got warmed up and everything else checked out, we finished the deal and drove right out of his yard. I forgot he has a sloping driveway to the street. Went to try the brakes--right to the floor. The driveway is a blind entrance to the road. I pumped franticly and grabed the parking brake and here comes this little red car. He couldn't see me until the last second and I couldn't stop. It was close but no contact. I pulled to the side of the road and checked the MC again. It was full . so I pummped it a bunch of times and it came up hard as a rock. We couldn't find any leaks. Off we went again and there were no more problems all the way back to the motorpool. There is a lot of fluid on the right front wheel now so there must be a bad line on that wheel. No concern right now cause we have a few projects on the floor.
I feel really stupid and I know I should have tried the brakes right away, but in the excitement of recovering this new toy, I confess to letting the excitement get the better of me. I'm just glad there wasn't anyone hurt and we had an ohterwise safe trip home.
We will post some pictures soon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks