• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M543 light work

rizzo

I have been looking at various slings for a long time. they are very exspensive and I have been trying to decide what to buy. Finally I came up with this last year. I put 4 grab hooks from broken 2 inch straps onto a 1 3/8 shackle. now I can use any of the chains I have and they are totally adjustable. I am very happy with it so far. I have used 2, 3, and 4 leg slings.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Love the pics!

Those rims...... HEMTT?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
yes with 2 piece rings

I still have some of the rims missing the rings if anyone has a source for the rings only I would like to get some
Question: Did you ever tow another Deuce sized vehicle or larger with it when it was duals? Reason I ask is another wrecker owner here said he went form duals to super singles and noticed a loss of stability in towing and is now going back to duals for that reason. I am curious if you encountered the same issue.

rizzo

we received our first order of snow last night. this morning it was 37 degrees and raining.

Question: Did you ever tow another Deuce sized vehicle or larger with it when it was duals? Reason I ask is another wrecker owner here said he went form duals to super singles and noticed a loss of stability in towing and is now going back to duals for that reason. I am curious if you encountered the same issue.
I towed my deuce when it had stock tires on the duece and 1600s on the wrecker. I didn't notice any problems. I have also traveled about 70 mph for 5 miles and didnt notice a problem. I think it rides much better with the singles. I don't drive it a lot, but when I have I have never noticed a problem. my tires are at 100psi. I have my singles on the deuce at 35 psi and I have noticed that being a little squirly in the back a few times.

what tire pressure is the other guy running?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Love the pics. I have a serious case of wrecker-envy. I am glad to see you are getting the next generation of MV owners at the controls.

rizzo

Love the pics. I have a serious case of wrecker-envy. I am glad to see you are getting the next generation of MV owners at the controls.
yeah. he wanted to run the crane but he is not old enough to do it smoothly (3yrs and he had to use body weight to pull the stick) with people around. I am going to let him move it around when I'm not actually lifting something.

I like the fact that you used such a large cherry picker , you didn't strain it did you :razz::razz::razz::razz:
you should have seen the look on two of the guys faces when I pulled in. they knew I had MV's but I don't think they have seen this one yet.:p

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks