• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M543a2 Logging

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's some big wood!

They are Doug Fir - ranged from about 36" to a bit over 44" diameter and about 28 feet long...

I am running 16.00r20's on the truck - the Michelin XZLs on 5 ton 20 stud combat rims (run tubeless with no beadlocks and an o-ring to seal the rim) The tires work well - I usually run about 70 psi and it's a happy medium between load carrying support and traction.

Yep - I stuck out the driver side forward outrigger and chained the log to it as a tag line - then chained the back to the tail of the truck and off we went - drove out cross county about 100 yards and then side loaded them onto the trailer...

The ground started to give up and get really soft on the last two trips into the woods... Got stuck for a minute (front sprag is intermittent) but between the winch, tractor and mini trackhoe we got it off and going without having to set the log down.

Was a fun Sunday project and always happy to have an excuse to run the crane ;)

Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks