• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M54A1C wo/w Arrived Today

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M54A1C arrived from Hill AFB today. The original Data Plate shows it as a M54A1C. I pumped the primer pump on the IP and it fired right up. It's batteries seamed to be fully charged. It has just over 500 hrs on it after a 1975 overhaul. Engine purrs. Took it out for a quick spin and it drove very nice. The Mack ENDT has some serious torque.

It has an upgraded 60 amp alternator, ether start system & personel heater. More pics to come.

Attachments

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks guys, I haven't decided what color to paint it. It's not Strata Blue, it's some kind of gray, maybe battleship grey. I believe it's ex Army, could be wrong on that. It's got an Idaho Plate on the back??

Jimbo - Is there a story behind this truck? Please let me know what you're refering to. I do know that the truck went for about $4800 the first time, then seemed to reapear just days before it's sale. I actually found it again while it was up for sale. I got it for $1900. I fully expected a bidding war, which I would not have participated in. I did not expect to win it.

I was very surprised when no bids came in the last hour. 8)

jimbo*

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I am not mistaken, GL put that same truck up for auction four times before someone (you) actually followed through and paid for it. Hence Robyn's comment; "I wish that truck would go away". Props to you!
This makes you wonder what the actual percentage of "real" bidders are out there on GL.