• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M54A2 mods, upgrades, conversions, etc

ArchAngel USMC

Very helpful info. Believe I will be going 395s. I had a guy trying to sell me some 14s ($450 shipped) but I don't think the difference in the money would be equal in the long run based off of this. Much appreciated for the info.
I do plan on 65/35 off-road/onroad. So I do want the aggressive tires. I will be needing wheels too.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Very helpful info. Believe I will be going 395s. I had a guy trying to sell me some 14s ($450 shipped) but I don't think the difference in the money would be equal in the long run based off of this. Much appreciated for the info.
I do plan on 65/35 off-road/onroad. So I do want the aggressive tires. I will be needing wheels too.
The most cost effective wheels will be the two piece steel LMTV wheels. They'll be a direct bolt on to your 5ton. You'll need additional lugnuts - 20 left and 20 right.

Simp5782 has the wheels.

azteclizard

I bobbed my 5ton.. was an m52a2 so i didnt have to cut the frame. Got the springs and hangers from a trashed m54a2 so it ill carry some good weight.20170419_134008.jpg

GeneralAnesthesia

I know there has been posts where everyone has put up pics and talked about their work done on their rigs and all but I am on my phone which makes it extremely a PITA ;)
So if you don't mind post up your pics and links etc such as upgrade to bigger tires, add-ons or whatever ya got. And again, I'm sure there are threads with probably the same thing but I'm struggling here on this phone lol. I'm just really excited to have my 1st MV and looking for ideas of what to do to my rig. (1st being probably 395s or 365s for tires) View attachment 715021
I dig the color scheme

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the 14.00 tires on 939 rims work great on my little fire fighting rig.IMG_20200601_200109397.jpgIMG_20200515_203039104.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks