• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M551 Sheridan

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
SUCCESS!!! :beer: :jumpin::driver:
Pulled the trans filter out this AM, not alot of stuff on the surface, still cleaned it out, a mess of "stuff" came out, mostly pieces of silicone that "soldier B" has sealed things with, but it was good to clean it out. Reassembled it and gave it the twice over. Found a bend in the Morse cable just before it would get to full throttle on the inner part, it was missing full throttle by 3/8 of an inch on the lever at the governor housing. Fixed that and away she went!! Goes thru all the gears and shifts fine. We made a dozen or so laps around the field outside the Museum compound. After 6 or 7 we had an audience of LA County Sheriff cars. They watched, then left. I am adding a second vid to youtube as I post this. When it is added to my list, I'll add a link!

For So Cal Locals, watch the channel 5 KTLA news tomorrow at 6, 7 and 8;00 AM. There will be live feed from the Museum and at the 8:00 feed, the Sheridan will have her on screen debut! They will also be posting a code of some sort on the channel 5 website that if you go there and click on it or something like that, you can get into the Museum FREE, tomorrow only, but for the locals, all you need to do is get hold of me and I'll cover your admission any time ;)

Stay tuned for the update!!!

I'm STOKED!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA38WfGzyes

Last edited:

BLK HMMWV

Very nice Will
She's running allot better than last weekend when I was down there.
Were going to have to find a tank driver badge for your Avitar now.
Carry on.
BH