• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M553 10ton GOER Update

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Alrighty then!! Troy and Tony pulled the GOER trans/transfer/converter w/housing again today.:wink:

They disassembled the converter and except for one clutch plate (has some scoring but not bad) the thing looks brand new inside:!:
They are now thinking perhaps the hydro pump is not supplying enough pressure to lock in the clutches.:(

After seeing the "innards" of the drivetrain, I MAY blow some bucks to try and revive her...assuming she still won't go when they reassemble her.
It's prolly a fools folly but that friggin thing just facinates me[thumbzup][thumbzup]

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Ahh haa!!!

They disassembled the converter and except for one clutch plate (has some scoring but not bad) the thing looks brand new inside:!:
Update to the update:

The guys found that one clutch pack was not locking in and was leaking under pressure. :shock:
They cleaned it up and removed some minor contaminates, now it locks in and holds as it should.:-D

We used the M816 to set the whole assembly back into the hull this evening.

Hope to have the GOER "going" Saturday:-D:-D

Confidence level is high:beer:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
She's alive:-D:-D:-D:-D

Troy came to the office this evening and said "Hey boss...you want some good news...or some really good news"??
After having a bad day I just said...give me both.aua

Troy said the good news is that I removed the valve body again and found another stuck plunger...and freed it.
The REALLY good news is that the trans will engage...forward and reverse!!!:driver:
I wanted to rush over to the truck shop and help install the driveshaft and make the GOER GO!!!

Troy played the "safety officer" card and said...let me fix the brake foot valve air leak so we can stop that beast first.:cookoo:

God sent me smart fellers...to keep my dumba$$ alive:grin:

Troy and Tony get a steak lunch at the VFW tomorrow on me:-D

I ain't gonna rush thingsaua BUT!!!! I'm gonna drive that beast outta the shop Saturday or my name ain't...er...wait...

(Give me a hint)??

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I wasn't supposed to tell you but it's Papacat. By the way they are both here. When do you want us to drop them off down there?

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Watch the sky!!!!

Well I wasn't supposed to tell you but it's Papacat. By the way they are both here. When do you want us to drop them off down there?

It's easy Jim...just keep an eye on the sky.[thumbzup]

When ya see that first herd of pink pigs fly over...bring em on down.roflroflroflrofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks