• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M55A2, need info on this model.

superbug

I did a search but nothing about years and specs. Can you tell me what era is this truck from, what does the long bed version weigh, double frame? Any other tidbits you M55 folks can share. 923 vs M55...which would you buy? TIA

superbug

Did you go to the linked page on that web page?

US Military M-39 Series 5-ton, 6x6 Trucks

Are you a manual or auto type? Want something simple and different or something thats coming out by the hundreds (so everyone and their dog has one) and more complicated to work on?

Looking at a long bed manual trans but wondering if a 923 would be a better truck or if the 55 is just an earlier version of it. The site says it is a bigger M35 and that suits me fine. Also wondering how much its weighs

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Which motor is in the M55? How much are you going to drive it? The price will be quite different too. I would go with a 900 series if you can afford it.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Then you have the m814, same truck as the m55 (long wb) only has a 855, 250 cummins, the m55 had a gasser, the m55a1 had the mack, the m55a2 had the multi,

In the 900 5t series the m927 long wb wo/w and the m928 long wb w/w, these are basicly the same truck as the m55/m814 only with the air brakes, up graded power train and hyd. winch

ALL of the above are long wheel base 5t cargo trucks with the SAME bed that is 20' long

Last edited:

superbug

After talking to one of the fine members here it looks like a M809 series cargo will be the way to go for what I want since it comes with the better 250 Cummins engine with a standard trans. Thanks for all the replies folks. Great site!