• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M561 Gama Goat steering column insulator .

Charlie 6

I just replaced the steering column on my gamma goat. The problem I have is the rubber insulator that goes between the steering column and the support bracket crumpled during the disassembly process. Of course I can not find a replacement.
Has anyone fabricated this rubber insulator, if so what did you use and how you do it.
Thanks.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It seems like I remember seeing a thread where somebody used a gama goat column in their deuce with power steering. I thought the column mount was the same as a deuce... can you look in the TM's to see what the part number is and see if the one on the deuce is the same thing? I thought they were, but then again, I could be totally wrong. Do you have pictures?

Charlie 6

The numbers are different between the goat and deuce. Also the picture of the insulator I have seen for a deuce is different looking than the drawing in the goat parts manual.
I am hoping someone out there fabricated one or know who has one.

Jericho

I just fabbed one for one of my goats, i bought a 4 ft by 6 ft stall mat from tractor supply, then i cut the shape using a set of hole saws and a band saw, nice thing is the stall mats are 2 inches thick and reinforced rubber, got it on sale $24.00 , leaves you with a ton of xtra material for future needs