• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M577 Command APC parts needed!

art

M577 Command APC parts needed!
Trying help to complete the components on a M577A2 Armored Command Post Carrier - APC track, In the M113 family
Any information on the parts would be appreciated.
Parts needed:
The basket for the 4.2 gas generator /APU.
Lifting Divot for the generator.
Frame for the command tent.
Any other parts
Thank you
Art

Attachments

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tent is a SICUPS or similar spelling. Had some in Korea, never left the motorpool. Sorry I can't help in anything more than random information/history.

art

Thanks Bikeman! Anyone else?
i enjoyed diving them, you just couldn't see to the rear!

Maddog have seen components any in your travels?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tent (back in the 90's) was a SICPS tent, Standardized Integrated Command Post System) with the special boot wall to connect it to the M577. The tent was later called the Modular Command Post Tent System. There are several available on a certain well known auction site right now, but none with the boot. Great tent, goes up easy and fast, but you need to be a bit careful with the frame or else it will break.

You say you only need the frame, do you have all the fabric parts? If so lay them out, make sure you have the M577 bootwall as one of your side walls. The bootwalls are NOT part of the "standard tent" so if you buy a tent, chances are it wont have the bootwall.

More info here: http://www.tentnet.org/tentnet/basecamp/MCPS/mcps.htm

They are great tents, I love mine. Goes up and down in 10 minutes with 2 people that know what they are doing.

Last edited:

art

Thanks Mark!
Got the boot wall from the same place as you did. Thank you again,,,
Trying to get the original tent frame to store on m577.
Got the gas generator but need the old style basket.

It would Be nice to have the divot.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you buy a used frame, MAKE SURE it is good and has all the parts. Lots of them are tweaked/broken/missing parts. They are repairable if you have 2 broken ones and can salvage parts from one to another. Don't forget the 2 separate poles for the entrance way.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks